Friday, December 27, 2013
Karl Colder
Vestry, Men’s Group
Listen to this Devotional.
Proverbs 8:22-30
Wisdom’s Part in Creation
22 The Lord created me at the beginning* of his work,*
the first of his acts of long ago.
23 Ages ago I was set up,
at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth,
when there were no springs abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains had been shaped,
before the hills, I was brought forth—
26 when he had not yet made earth and fields,*
or the world’s first bits of soil.
27 When he established the heavens, I was there,
when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28 when he made firm the skies above,
when he established the fountains of the deep,
29 when he assigned to the sea its limit,
so that the waters might not transgress his command,
when he marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 then I was beside him, like a master worker;*
and I was daily his* delight,
rejoicing before him always,
Devotional
JESUS CHRIST declares himself to have been engaged in the creation of the world, and He is the savior of the world.
Wisdom dwelled with GOD before anything was created and GOD tells us to seek Wisdom for a life of peace and happiness.
Wisdom is Greater than any material thing could ever be; and all things that may be desired cannot be compared to it.
How wonderful it is for GOD to provide us with the gifts of His SON and Wisdom. Through this we can really appreciate the observance of the time of expectant waiting and preparation of the Nativity of JESUS CHRIST during the Advent season.
Additional Readings
Psalm 97, 98; John 13:20-35
Vestry, Men’s Group
Listen to this Devotional.
Proverbs 8:22-30
Wisdom’s Part in Creation
22 The Lord created me at the beginning* of his work,*
the first of his acts of long ago.
23 Ages ago I was set up,
at the first, before the beginning of the earth.
24 When there were no depths I was brought forth,
when there were no springs abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains had been shaped,
before the hills, I was brought forth—
26 when he had not yet made earth and fields,*
or the world’s first bits of soil.
27 When he established the heavens, I was there,
when he drew a circle on the face of the deep,
28 when he made firm the skies above,
when he established the fountains of the deep,
29 when he assigned to the sea its limit,
so that the waters might not transgress his command,
when he marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 then I was beside him, like a master worker;*
and I was daily his* delight,
rejoicing before him always,
Devotional
JESUS CHRIST declares himself to have been engaged in the creation of the world, and He is the savior of the world.
Wisdom dwelled with GOD before anything was created and GOD tells us to seek Wisdom for a life of peace and happiness.
Wisdom is Greater than any material thing could ever be; and all things that may be desired cannot be compared to it.
How wonderful it is for GOD to provide us with the gifts of His SON and Wisdom. Through this we can really appreciate the observance of the time of expectant waiting and preparation of the Nativity of JESUS CHRIST during the Advent season.
Additional Readings
Psalm 97, 98; John 13:20-35



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home